Promoting Independence & Self-Sufficiency
Creating a Positive Impact
HighPointe Enterprises is an initiative of HighPointe Services, a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to provide programs enabling individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) to gain greater independence and self-sufficiency.
Men and women living with IDDs experience an extremely high level of unemployment, with some estimates being as high as 85%. HighPointe Enterprises exists to provide these individuals with prosperous, sustainable and entrepreneurial job opportunities. When these opportunities exist, wonderful things happen:
- They become more engaged in their community.
- Their lives gain greater purpose.
- Public costs to support them are reduced.
- They become more self-sufficient.
Individuals with IDDs are capable of providing real economic value to their employers and communities. Like most typical employees and entrepreneurs, it’s important to provide these individuals with proper mentoring, support and training. This will help them be their best!
HighPointe Enterprises is a personalized evaluation and training program designed to provide our clients with the skills they need to be successful. We offer three main areas of employment development:
- Community Support Programs
Opportunities & Challenges
At HighPointe, our goal is to provide more job opportunities for our clients. In order to do this, we’ve built an environment that helps ALL of our clients reach their true potential. We address four key challenges to achieve lasting change in our client’s lives:
- Help clients become successful business and community members.
- Identify their capabilities, as they become role models for the larger IDD Community.
- Leverage our community members who are using business to create lasting social change.
- Grow and guide these members, based on core values: agency, empathy, curiosity, resolve.
- Provide access to high quality, low-cost strategic and financial services to ensure individuals living with IDDs can access the resources they need.
- Inspire and enable adults living with IDDs to become increasingly independent, by establishing sustainable business and employment opportunities.
Join the HighPointe Network
We need more individuals and companies to support men and women living with IDDs, and HighPointe Network members are part of a growing movement of those who are doing just that!
Our membership includes local companies, business professionals and entrepreneurs who are learning about the transformative power of supporting the IDD Community. Why join us?
Create an Impact:
There has never been a better time to support ventures that are making our community a better place. The number one reason to join the HighPointe Network is to create sustainable impact in the areas you care about.
- Source Financing Opportunities:
Identify individuals who want to create sellable products and services, and who would benefit directly from HighPointe Network’s support and expertise.
- Build the Movement:
There’s a lot of talk about impact investing, but not enough action. By joining the HighPointe Network, you become part of a growing movement of people working to use the tools of finance to catalyze and spread values-based entrepreneurship across our communities.
- Learn and Connect:
The HighPointe Network provides learning opportunities for ALL members, and keeps you up-to-date on our business- and employment-minded clients.
Are You Interested?
If you’re interested in becoming a member of our HighPointe Network or providing general support for our HighPointe Enterprises program, please contact Ken Ziel, HighPointe Founder and CEO, at: 303-221-3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.