HighPointe entrusts its employees with a great responsibility – caring for people with developmental disabilities.
For that reason, HighPointe has expectations for its applicants and recently hired employees. Below are the qualifications and expectations for all HighPointe employees. Specific requirements may vary by position.
Who HighPointe Is Looking For
To foster a work environment of comfort, joy and achievement, HighPointe seeks to hire employees who believe in and whose actions reflect:
- Compassion, respect and common courteously for all people
- Honesty, integrity and ethical behavior
- Teamwork among employees, volunteers, donors and others
- Competent, motivated and goal-oriented
- Work together for the common good of people with developmental disabilities and their families
- Commitment to the Colorado communities in which we live and work
HighPointe Job Expectations
- Embrace a good work ethic and give 100% on the job
- Collaborate with coworkers
- Uphold and respect the rights and well-being of people with developmental disabilities
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Continuously improve the quality of our services and supports
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Respect the rights and views of others, and treat all with fairness and courtesy
- Believe and support HighPointe’s mission, vision and values
Prior to Employment, HighPointe Requires
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass a criminal background check
HighPointe Requires Job Candidates
- To have a high school diploma, GED or other necessary degree
- To have a valid driver's license or state ID
- To be able to lift between 35 and 65 pounds, depending on position
HighPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HighPointe is an equal opportunity employer and shall not take any action in its employment practices that is discriminatory on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, veteran status, military service (active or inactive) or disability in regarding to hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, lay-off, rehiring, terminations or employment benefits. Employment policies and procedures will be based on essential job-related standards of ability, experience, training, past performance and other relevant factors affecting performance for the position in question.
Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace
HighPointe is committed to maintain a healthy, safe and secure work environment. The abuse of drugs and alcohol is a major contributor to an unsafe work environment. All employees of HighPointe are prohibited from unlawfully manufacturing, distributing, possessing, dispensing or using alcohol and/or drugs in the workplace.